Friday, 17 July 2015

An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines’ was published in 2006 by John Green. The general plot of the novel is the protagonist Colin, who is a prodigy, has only ever dated girls by the name of Katherine. His most recent girlfriend broke up with him, and he basically couldn’t stop wallowing. His best friend, Hassan, decides that the best way for him to get his mind off of his Katherine problem, is to go on a road trip. When they arrive in the small rustic town of Gutshot, they have adventures; make memories, so on and so fourth.

Now, I have read John Green’s other work. The fault in our stars, Paper towns and looking for Alaska, but for some reason, I much preferred this book above all the others. I completely enjoyed An Abundance of Katherines and I actually regard it as one of my favourite novels. Colin is one of those main characters that you hate because he’s so egotistical, yet in the end you’re still rooting for him anyways because he’s the good guy. I really enjoyed the humour in the novel and it actually ended up being very educational; I learned a lot of things about The Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand that I wasn’t aware of before. But the one liners and character development are really great and the book had just enough romance to make me happy.

By the end of the book I was feeling so many different emotions, but I was quite satisfied by the ending. Definitely a recommended read.
Shannon, 15
NAR, Work Experience Student


0 comments:

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você