Monday, 11 May 2015

The Crossover

Kwame Alexander is an award winning teenage author.
'The Crossover' has won the Newbery Medal in the United States.

Basketball is a central theme in this original novel, and the style and rhythm of the book conveys all the tension and action of a fast-moving basketball game.

'At the top of the key, I'm MOVING & GROOVING, POPping and ROCKING -Why you BUMPING' raps basketball enthusiast, Josh Bell.

Josh and his twin brother Jordan are talented basketball players, and are egged on by their enthusiastic father.
But as the basketball season unfolds more is revealed about their lives. Josh is jealous of Jordan's new girlfriend and their father has an increasingly worrying health problem.

This novel is a great contribution to teen fiction. The movement contained in each line practically leap off the page-

'See when I play ball, I'm on fire. When I shoot, I inspire. The hoop's for sale, and I'm the buyer.

Josh is at the top of his game!

-Ann

0 comments:

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você