Friday, 16 May 2014

The hobbit (a very biased review)

The hobbit is a book written by J.R.R. Tolkien, who also created Lord of the rings and many other books. It is about a hobbit, Bilbo, (Which are a race of children-sized, hairy, happy hungry beings) who goes on a
journey and finds himself doing and saying things altogether unexpected. After Gandalf (My favourite character in both the hobbit and Lord of the rings) shows up at his front door and brings along a band of thirteen dwarves  to accompany Bilbo on an  escapade to slay a dragon and take back their homeland of Erebor.

This is definitely my favourite book because it’s full of adventure and excitement, and it keeps you intrigued. I decided to read this book when I was about eight because of my favourite movie (Lord of the rings) and I wasn’t disappointed. This is the only book that I can recall that I have read more than once, and once you read it it’s easy to understand why. I would recommend this to anyone of any age (Well, anyone of any age who can read, obviously) because it has such a diverse range of interesting things in it. When Tolkien wrote the book, it was intended for readers form ages five to nine, even so, many adults and teens read the book anyway.



Destinee (Cranbourne Work experience student)

0 comments:

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você