Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Looking for Alaska

I don’t think I was really prepared for this book even though I have read all of John Greens books (ironically) I was expecting something I didn’t get, but what I got was so much better. This is probably his
most serious and thoughtful book which is to say a lot, because all of his books are to some extent, serious and thoughtful. It is also a painful book to read but I didn’t quite understand why bad things happen to good people and why good things happen to bad people? Although with John’s ability to interpret different characters into multiple personality’s or egos, he manipulates the story into a very stimulating although very tragic story line creating this ordeal of wanting to endure the story even further.

 The beauty of the Looking for Alaska is that it doesn't hide anything. It showcases what young love and growing up are in a very brutal and honest light. We tend to see how the characters communicate, their relationships with each other, their pasts and the pleasure that comes with being a bad kid shine through the pages... Even though there are 2 parts to the story (before and after which I won’t be spoiling what separates them) it engages the reader to persistently want more. I tend to realise why I like this book so much, it’s because unlike most books aimed at teenagers, they aren’t. They don’t fully experience the depth of what being a teenager means, unlike John Green’s books. John utilizes the average teenager’s day to day life and portrays them in his story’s enabling all ages to feel something of the story (especially teenagers) I would recommend this book to anyone; I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and the author’s collections.


Tiana (Cranbourne work experience student)

0 comments:

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você