Friday, 7 February 2014

Beautiful Malice

Title: Beautiful Malice 
Author Rebecca James

‘Truth or dare?’ She asks.
I hesitate. ‘Truth,’ I say finally. ‘I can imagine one of your dares, and I don’t fancy running down Oxford Street naked tonight.’
‘Truth,’ Alice says slowly, drawing out the vowel sound as if she’s savouring the word. ‘Are you sure? Are you sure you can be completely honest?’
‘I think so. Try me.’
‘Okay.’ And then she looks at me curiously. ‘So. Were you glad, deep down? Were you glad to be rid of her? Your perfect sister? Were you secretly glad when she was killed?’

Katherine has moved away from her shattered family to start afresh in Sydney. There she keeps her head down until she is befriended by the charismatic, party-loving Alice, who brings her out of her shell. But there is a dark side to Alice, something seductive yet threatening. And as Katherine learns the truth about Alice, their tangled destinies spiral to an explosive and devastating finale.

Firstly, I would like to say this Beautiful Malice is by far the best novel I have ever read.
I've read a lot of novels in my time, but this one takes the cake.
I'm not really into teen angst, lovey-dovey novels, which is what I thought this one was going to be. But boy was I wrong.
If you're into those types of books that leave you biting your nails down to the core, or falling off the edge of your seat, then this is the one read for you.
It was beautiful, scary, lovely and awful at the same time, all in a good way!
I've since recommended ALL of my friends to read this beautiful book. And so far, they have all returned to me baffled by how great it was.
If you've ever lost someone special in your life, or even had an enemy, than this book is as close as you get to re-living it all.

Chantelle
Age 17

0 comments:

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você