Tuesday, 23 July 2013

The Day Of The Triffids


I loved this book, it's a classic must-read for sure. It's about a man who wakes up in hospital with his eyes bandaged over from an optical related surgery. It was caused by an attack from a 'Triffid', a new species of walking plants that have invaded the world. Whilst in the hospital, a meteor shower  with the eyes of the world upon it. This causes everyone who had seen this spectacle to go blind. The man in the hospital is one of only a few sighted people left.

His adventures are heart-racing and page-turning. It's very rare for me to be interested in something like this, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. You can just imagine and feel the desertion and loneliness that John describes. Not only does the story line hook you until the last page, it makes you think about what the world could be like if an event like this really did happen, who would survive? If I were blind, would anyone help me?

It's a fabulous read and I highly recommend it.

Chantelle 
Age: 17 

0 comments:

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você