Friday, 17 December 2010

Mercy

Exiled from heaven,
A lost soul seeks her soulmate…

‘There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.’

Mercy doesn’t know who she is, what is she or what she’s done to deserve the purgatory of shifting in and out of other people’s lives. All she does know is that she longs to be reunited with Luc, her beloved. But that is not to happen just yet as Mercy wakes up to discover her latest host to be ‘Carmen Zappacosta’, a somewhat shy sorparno singer on her way to Paradise for an inter-school concert. It’s in paradise that Mercy meets Ryan a delinquent boy on a quest to find his twin sister Lauren, who was kidnapped two years. Through gifts she can’t comprehend Mercy sets about to track down Ryan’s sister while also trying to keep Carmen’s life on track.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that this is just another paranormal romance, because while Lim adds those elements there is so much more to this story than meets the eye. In ‘Mercy’ is Lim focuses more of the mystery of Lauren and Mercy and less on the unattainable lost love of Luc, it’s what separates this novel from other paranormal fiction and makes it an engaging read. ‘Mercy’ is intelligently written, with well rounded characters and a suspenseful, fast paced plot. The mixture of angels, mystery and romance will leave any reader mesmerised and wanting more (of which there will be two more released in 2011)

Courtney :)



0 comments:

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você