Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Are these my basoomas I see before me?


'Are these my basoomas I see before me?' is a very funny book that has wide appeal for teenagers. Sadly, it is the last in 'The confessions of Georgia Nicholson' series, written by Louise Rennison.

Readers may recall the first book in the series, 'Angus, thongs and full-frontal snogging,' which was developed into a successful film.

The heroine of the series is Georgia, and the last book begins with a crisis of her own making.

As her best friend, Jas, observes, if something bad happens or if someone is shouting, Georgia will be around!

Georgia's new boyfriend gets stroppy (or as Georgia says 'gets the megahump') after Georgia does the twist at a concert with Dave the laugh.

Georgia is forced to call an emergency meeting with 'the gang', except Jas, who also has 'the hump' with her.

We laugh along with Georgia's chaotic life and her slightly bossy nature as she weaves in and out of school, family and friendships.

Take the fire-making incident, for example. 'The gang' are freezing cold in the playground, so Georgia suggests a campfire to keep warm.

As luck would have it, Jas just happens to have a fire-making stick in her rucksack, so she is co-erced into producing a fire, mostly fed from crisp packets.

Greatly entertaining.
-Ann



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie to the first book!
I recently tried to put "Ten Inch Hero" on hold but an error message came up "hold not allowed"
I checked the ratings and they're 15+ and I'm 17, why can't i put it on hold?

-Bec

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Hi Bec,

I have checked "Ten Inch Hero" for you. The reason you couldn't put a hold on has nothing to do with the rating. The only copy of the DVD actually belongs to High Country Tafe Collection which we can't borrow. If you'd like CCLC to purchase a copy login to your library card on our online catalogue http://www.cclc.vic.gov.au/
You will then be able to "Request material". Fill this out and your request will go to our Adult Services Librarian who buys DVD's.
My daughter has seen this movie - she loves Jensen Ackles!!
Cen

Anonymous said...

Thankyou, I've got a whole group of friends that want to borrow it too :)

-Bec

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você