Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Star Trek 11 and the Trekker.

Ok Kate so you've had your turn..now it's the "old" Trekkers turn.

So I admit I've always loved Star Trek. In fact I even used to buy Star trek novels and I'm not talking about Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager or Enterprise - I'm talking the original series. Yes the series that premiered in the United States on September 8, 1966. The series that even though it only lasted 3 seasons has managed to lead on to 4 follow on series and 11 movies. The original series that became more popular in reruns and lead to a huge cult following.

So when I saw the new movie I was a little bit nervous...Would they muck it up? Would the characters be true to the original? Would it have the same humour as the original? Would I like it?
Well the answers are No! Yes! Yes!and definitely Yes! I loved Star Trek 11. I loved the actors, I loved the characters, I loved the humour and I loved the action. I loved the noise and the clever use of silences. I loved the ending...how everything ties together - the old and the new. I loved the shiver down my spine at the end. I won't give the end away...but old fans will love it!

So I guess you get that i loved the new Star Trek movie. Be good...take your parents for a blast from the past that you can all enjoy!
Cen
If you want to see how special effects have changed check out clip below...

3 comments:

Michelle McLean said...

I totally agree with you. It was fun, it was action packed and it was true to the original series. I loved it!

kate said...

OLD!!! AHAH!! so you've finally admitted it mother!! :P Im holding it against you forever now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see this film. I would've like to have seen more of the original series first, but that can wait.

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você