Monday, 16 March 2009

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist


Back again guys, and you'd better brace yourselves this time, because I have a BIG announcement to make... *drumrolls*
I HAVE A NEW FAVOURITE BOOK, AND THIS IS IT!!

'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist' by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan is totally captivating; after reading the first page, I knew already that I was going to love this book. No jokes, no exaggerations, and I was right.
Nick and Norah are virtually strangers, who are thrown together by a random question one night "Will you be my girlfriend for the next five minutes?" Nick asks Norah this in order to avoid/look good in front of his ex, who has just walked into the club with a new guy. This is the start of an amazing rollercoaster of a night. The whole book is about this one night they spend together, but don't let that put you off. It is in no way dragged out, or boring.
The entire novel alternates between each of their thoughts during the night, the entire story is told through their thought processes.

This review probably doesn't do justice to the overwhelming amazingness of this book. It's also great if you're into music, as there are hundreds of music references throughout the story.
Also, it was made into a movie recently, (which I haven't yet seen) starring Michael Cera (the dude from Juno).
Be aware though, that it does include a lot of swearing and adult themes, so it's probably not appropriate for anyone under 16.
100 out of 5 stars!!!!!
Nicko

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowzers, those stars must be super shiny!

I am not a Librarian said...

"Amazingness" hey. Where's a thesaurus when you need one? :oD
Rave review Nickmeister ... might just have to borrow it to see if it's worthy of the rap!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou THE NICK PHILOSOPHER for your amazingness in book recommendations. I may or may not have skipped classes to satisfy my impatient reading-of-this-book requirements....... =O and now I NEED to find a UKRAINIAN RESTAURANT--- DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ONE?!!?

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Haha glad you liked it so much Anon :]
And I HAVE a good vocab 'I'm not a librarian', sometimes I just don't choose to use :P

smell_mel said...

nick... we're you the guy that had the book meeting thingo on that reallly hot day in like, januray, and olnly one person ( me) turned up? LOL. are you that nick?

wat an awkward question.
nehooo. i mite pick up this book then =D

x mel

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você