Monday, 3 November 2008

And He's the Good Guy!

SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT by Derek Landy.


I found out about the Skulduggery Pleasant series from Jake, a teenage borrower at Pakenham who wanted to order the second book. I get alot of people recommending books but after I saw the cover (yes, I do judge a book by its cover) and read the blurb, I had to read it.

Stephanie's uncle wrote horror fiction - at least that's what she thought until he died and left her his estate. And from then on she is plunged into a terrifying world full of vampires, Hollow Men and magic. With the help from the remarkable Skulduggery Pleasant - a wise-cracking detective and powerful magician they wage war against evil and try to solve her uncle's muder.

It's easy to read, laced with intrigue, great characters and a fascinating story.
I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series - Playing with Fire.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my friend recocmended skulduggery pleasant to me- i read it and found it amazing! it recently won irish book of the decade, you know.

Anonymous said...

I love these series of books!
i recommend this to every teen who loves talking skeletons and magic!
:)

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você