Tuesday, 14 October 2008

New Music at Your Library!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been away for so long, but I've been busy listening to heaaaaaaps of brand new CDs that I borrowed from the library!
Here's my top 3 for October, bring on summer!!


3. Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust


Yes, I know the name's a bit weird, It's Icelandic actually, as that's where the band is from. Sigur Ros are different, let me say that now! Listening to them is almost like listening to the Original Score from a movie like Lord Of The Rings. Some of the tunes are really emotional, and most are very hummable, and because they aren't in English, it doesn't matter if you don't know the words!! Very soothing, great to listen to while prepping for exams!



2. Death Cab For Cutie -Narrow Stairs


Now Death Cab are a cool, indie style group, with some really mellow tunes! I find them great to chill out to on a hot day, when the sun is creating haze over the horizon. They're great at creating atmosphere. Personal favourites on this album are 'Cath' and 'I Will Possess Your Heart'. If you like this, check out another of their albums 'The Photo Album'.



1. Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Motion Picture Soundtrack)




...and finally #1!! This CD is heavy. So don't think that you'll be relaxing to this baby! This disc includes a variety of numbers by various 'metal/goth/whatever you want to call them' bands. It also features 'Nemo', a song by Nightwish, that has been my sister's message alert tone on her phone for TOO LONG! Hahaha. It's a great song though, and I find that these CDs are a great way of discovering new bands that are in a similar style to others.



All of these CDs and many many more are available to order and borrow at your closest library today, or if you like you can even put one on hold over the internet by yourself!

Hope you guys enjoy, and I'll be back with another post before too long!
Nick

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Sigur Rós album sounds like it would be the perfect soundtrack to an epic roadtripping picnic day or something!
Do you know what 'Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust' translates to, Mr. Library Guy?
And I definitely agree, soundtracks are awesome for discovering similarly rockin' junk.

I am not a Librarian said...

Hi Nick and other Quicksanders,
This is great having music info on here! Why don't people realise that libraries are "more than books!"
'Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust' means With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play, and is the fifth album by Sigur Ros.
It's supposed to be 'fanciful' and 'playful', which is what the cover designer probably had in mind, though I reckon it's a 'bummer' myself ;D

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Hahaha nice one Deb, I was about to surprise everyone out there with my fluent Icelandic, but you got in before me!
Nice pun too matie :P
I did read somewhere that in full it means "With a buzz in our ears we play endlessly", and the beauty of this album is that if yo have it on loop, it flows...endlessly.
Perfetto!

And yes, it is the perfect music for a road trip or day out! SUBLIME!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of music.. I've heard that there is someone that works at your library that sings in Chinese. Does he do any of your "Music Sundays"?

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Someone who sings in Chinese?!
If there is I don't know who!!
Maybe we should see if they'd be willing to do a music Sunday!

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você