Monday, 1 September 2008

Meet Nick!


Hey guys, Nick here! I am one of the many contributors to this awesome blog we've got going here, and everything that we do is for you guys, the young guns of Casey and Cardinia.
Now a little bit about me, I'm not that exciting so this won't take too long :P

For starters, I've worked for the library for about 4 years now, I started as a shelver at good ol' Endeavour Hills Library. I knew I wanted to keep working for the library so I applied to be a J-LO, yes that's right....(Junior Library Officer), and for the past 18 months or so I've been checking out your books and finding your holds and helping you with school projects, AND LOVING IT!! I'm also on a committee now that is investigating some snazzy new signs for our libraries so that everything is as user friendly as can be.

I love working at the library because it means I get to interact with a huge range of people; all ages, all nationalities, all types of young people (goths, emos, muzzas, bookworms, high school drama queens and alike) LOL. I also get to see all of our newest books, music, and movies as they come in, so as you can imagine, i'm pretty lucky :P

As for me, I love cars and I love music (Chili Peppers, Parkway Drive, AFI, Placebo - the list goes on), and I love reading and drawing portraits! I'm currently looking forward to seeing the Butterfly Effect play at the Hallam Pub in October, can't wait mate!

8 comments:

I am not a Librarian said...

Star!!

Michelle McLean said...

Break some hearts with an expression like that!

Anonymous said...

ohhh, YOU'RE the cute one!

do you listen to many cd's?
i'm waiting for the latest sigur ros album on hold at the moment, have you heard it yet?

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Yeah anonymous, I do listen to a lot of cds from the library! I'm currently listening to MGMT and British India in my car.
And yes I have heard the new Sigur Ros, very calming!
Thanks for the comment, Nick

Anonymous said...

awesome :) you sound too cool to work in a library! which department of the libraries do you normally work at?
i love the latest MGMT song!
is the library going to get the new TV ON THE RADIO album (dear science) that comes out this Tuesday>?? I'M SO EXCITED. i wanna put a reserve on it!

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Well anonymous, we automatically get the top 40 music ordered for us, but I will request that we purchase TV on the Radio, as I've been wanting to here them too (apparently...)
Stayed tuned mate!!
A new Nick post is coming soon!

Nick

Anonymous said...

oh cool! we should totally go to their concert when they come to Melbourne!!
i looked on the catalogue and i can't find any TVotR CDs at all, so i hope it comes soon.
i'm looking forward to the next nick post!

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Haha concert sounds great, but I haven't actually heard any TVOTR so I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as an avid fan like yourself. I'd probably look like a scene kid standing at the side, not knowing any words!!
HAHAA
And that MGMT song is really getting on my nerves now!
Nick

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você