Monday, 14 April 2008

Mondegreen's

Deb recently told me that there was a word for misheard song lyrics. The online dictionary defines a mondegreen as a series of words that result from the mishearing or misinterpretation of a statement or song lyric.



The Wikipedia gives a great example of this in the movie Kenny when a main character in the film mishears the words of the Australian national anthem as "Australians all let us ring Joyce, for she is young and free" ("Australians all let us rejoice, for we are young and free").



I had to share this YouTube clip that was on Rove last night. It's a perfect example of a mondegreen. Check it out it's great fun. Really made me ROTFLOL.(Rolling on the Floor Laughing Out Loud)

Cen

1 comments:

I am not a Librarian said...

"Ah dear me" she says wiping tears of laughter from her eyes ... We've been 'mondegreening' online ever since I read your fabo para about the lyrics to our esteemed national anthem. the Olympics will never be the same again :oD Or Christmas for that matter,
"Olive, the other reindeer"
ROFLMAO

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você