Thursday, 27 March 2008

"Save the cheerleader ..."


I've just watched Episode 4 and 5 of the first Season of Heroes. My favourite scene is when Hiro Nakamura from the future meets Peter Petrelli on a train to give him that now famous message..."Save the Cheerleader, save the World". Check out our Library Catalogue for Season 1 of Heroes on DVD. Sorry to disappoint everyone under 15, but as this is rated MA it can only be borrowed by people over 15 Years!




If you love Heroes you may also be interested in the Heroes graphic novel which has just been released with cover art by comic legend Alex Ross.


I went to the Armageddon Expo in November 2007 which featured Sci Fi Tv Stars and Graphic and Comic Artists. My daughter stood in a queue for 2 hours to get this drawing by Jason Badower, a Melbourne based regular HEROES webcomic artist and current artist for TOP COW's "ZERO-G". In 2007 he was voted the "Best HEROES artist" for his acclaimed efforts on the Season one HEROES webcomic.

This photo shows Tessa with Jason's drawing "just for her" of Peter Petrelli. Jason described it on his blog as "PETER: Totally cartoony Emo Peter with his hair totally out of hand. I was listening to a commentary and apparently Milo couldn't wait to cut his hair as the cast had a whole set of running jokes going as he played with his hair. I liked his hair. It was distinctive. And it saved me drawing his right eye. =)"

2 comments:

I am not a Librarian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I am not a Librarian said...

Damn - I meant to add more to my previous comment and got side-tracked, so I deleted it and now it says "this post has been removed by the author". Which sounds all very mysterious [but it's not!] Sorry :o(
What I meant to say was the new higher res. book cover looks much better, so well done Cen.
I think this is the only time in my life I can say "I Like Quicksand" :oD

 
quicksand © 2007 Template from Templates para Você